The San Diego Regional Chamber of Commerce acknowledged 5 small companies this week for important contributions to their communities and the native financial system with annual Small Enterprise Awards.
“In San Diego, small companies symbolize greater than 95% of companies. They’re the spine of our area’s financial system, fueling innovation, creating jobs, and bringing character to our communities,” stated Jerry Sanders, president and CEO of the chamber.
“Their dedication, innovation, industriousness, and generosity embody the chamber’s mission to make San Diego one of the best place to stay and work,” he stated.
The awards for companies with 50 or fewer staff have been offered in 5 classes earlier than a crowd of 300 at a reception Wednesday on Harbor Island. The winners have been:
- Armed Providers YMCA San Diego, the winner within the “neighborhood minded” class, has made a profound impression on San Diego’s navy neighborhood by way of packages related to the distinctive challenges of navy life, permitting the households they serve to really feel lifted, related and supported.
- Seashore Break Insurance coverage Company, the winner within the “clients first” class, is devoted to placing clients first and sustaining private relationships with purchasers, even having brokers on name 24/7, which has earned them a 5-Star Google evaluation ranking.
- San Diego Tequila Tour, the winner within the “excellent rising enterprise” class, was pressured to pivot its mannequin as a consequence of COVID however bounced again rapidly to renew main excursions and has achieved a 90% good ranking on its over 300 buyer opinions.
- Lady owned and operated Girlie Storage, the winner within the “excellent minority, girl, veteran, deprived” class, is devoted to empowering and educating ladies about their autos to allow them to be extra assured and safer on the street.
- Computer systems 2 Youngsters, the winner within the “peak efficiency” class, met the necessity of greater than 85,000 children and households throughout the US in the course of the pandemic by offering key expertise.
All award nominations have been evaluated by a panel of former award winners and chamber ambassadors, who reviewed purposes and scored them based mostly on how properly they met the award class standards.
The chamber is the most important on the West Coast, representing greater than 2,000 companies and an estimated 300,000 jobs.