San Diego County public well being officers reported 538 new COVID-19 instances Thursday, together with six extra deaths.
The brand new knowledge raises the county’s whole pandemic numbers to 915.474 instances, with the loss of life toll at 5,474.
The excessive report in day by day instances by way of Wednesday got here Sept. 1 with 601, and the low on Monday with 220.
Space hospitals are treating 238 COVID sufferers, with 31 requiring intensive care.
The county has the second highest variety of COVID sufferers within the hospital within the state, behind Los Angeles County. L.A., nonetheless, has greater than triple the variety of sufferers, at 780.
In the meantime, restricted provides of the brand new COVID-19 bivalent boosters now can be found at vaccination places within the area, together with pharmacies and medical suppliers.
The brand new bivalent boosters have been developed to generate an immune response from the unique COVID-19 virus, in addition to the BA.4 and BA.5 Omicron subvariants, county officers stated.
County facilities with the brand new doses embody:
- South Area Dwell Properly Middle, 690 Oxford St., Chula Vista, which can have 150 doses a day.
- East Public Well being Middle, 367 N. Magnolia Ave, El Cajon, which can have 60 doses a day.
- Central Area Public Well being Middle, 5202 College Ave, San Diego, which can have 60 doses a day.
- North Inland Public Well being Middle, 649 W. Mission Ave., Escondido, which can have 60 doses a day.
– Metropolis Information Service contributed to this report.