Kool-Support rooster sandwiches, jalapeño scorching canines, brownie parfaits and octopus-and-shrimp cocktails are among the many new meals choices on the San Diego County Honest.
The honest received off to a mellow begin Wednesday below cloudy skies and modest attendance.
This yr, attendance is managed by tickets offered on-line. And the additional house on the Halfway and within the Enjoyable Zone provides visitor elbow room on this first full postpandemic honest.
Story continues under
No lengthy traces had been seen all through the afternoon and early night.
Masks are beneficial in indoor areas, however aren’t required on the grounds and solely a smaller share had been seen sporting them.
Listed here are the brand new meals that the Occasions of San Diego discovered on opening day:
- Hen Charlie’s has two new menu choices: a Kool-Support Hen sandwich with a rooster patty dipped in Kool-Support dip and served with dill pickles.
- Charlie’s new beverage additionally has the candy contact: Cherry, blue raspberries and grape Kool-Support in outsized “child bottles.”
- Mother’s Bake Store, which moved from an exhibit corridor to the Halfway, is providing a brownie parfait with 50-50 brownies-chocolate chip cookie with fudge frosting, Bavarian cream, whipped cream and chocolate chips on high.
- A brand new meals sales space — Pepe’s Maricos y Mas — presents seafood and recent greens. Its menu gadgets embrace tacos, tostadas, burritos and seafood cocktails. A well-liked merchandise is carne asada fries.
- Pink’s Scorching Canine has added a jalapeño canine with the chilis combined into the meat slightly than slices positioned on high. Prospects can add a wide range of toppings on their canines.
- Roy’s Restaurant has a brand new sausage, Bratwurst for Heroes, in tune with the theme of this yr’s honest, Heroes ReUnited.
- Pennsylvania Dutch Funnel Truffles has added two new choices — The “Hulk” and the Oreo funnel desserts.
- The Hulk has a inexperienced double decker cake with cream cheese frosting, powdered sugar, apple items and whipped cream. The Oreo cake has cream cheese frosting, Oreo crumbles, powdered sugar, whipped cream and an Oreo on high.
The honest will probably be open each day, aside from Mondays and Tuesdays (however open July 4) from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. weekdays and till 11 p.m. on weekends on the Del Mar Fairgrounds — 2260 Jimmy Durante Blvd.
Admission to the honest
- Friday, Saturday and Sunday, grownup tickets (ages 13-61) are $20.
- Wednesday and Thursday grownup tickets are $15.
- Friday, Saturday and Sunday senior tickets (ages 62 and up) are $17 and $12 on Wednesday and Thursday.
- Youth tickets (ages 6-12) are $17 on Saturday and Sunday, and $12 on Wednesday and Thursday and free on Friday.
- Youngsters 5 and youthful are free.
Admission and parking tickets should be purchased upfront on-line. For extra details about the honest, go to sdfair.com.