By Rev. Dr. Wendell Anthony
At this time, the Third Judicial Court docket for the county of Wayne within the state of Michigan threw out the non- sensical, frivolous lawsuit filed by Republican candidate for Michigan Secretary of State Kristina Karamo, Philip O’Halloran, and their cohorts. The courtroom dominated that, “a delay would influence roughly 60,000 absentee ballots which have been returned to town of Detroit Clerk’s workplace by the point the November 3, 2022 injunctive listening to occurred. The unfairness to town of Detroit and by extension the voters who’ve submitted absentee ballots is big. Tens of hundreds of metropolis of Detroit voters could be disenfranchised until the doctrine of laches is utilized on this eleventh hour problem. Plaintiffs sat on their arms for months earlier than bringing a criticism ahead. Mainly that is unacceptable and can’t be permitted.”
Thank God there nonetheless is a few sanity in an America that appears to have been turned the wrong way up. This nonsense introduced ahead by the Karamo camp was meant to delay, intimidate, and forestall Michigan’s largest metropolis from casting authorized ballots for the candidates of their selection. This technique of delay, deny, and suppress is used nationally as we witness:
• Armed vigilantes patrolling drop containers to intimidate voters.
• Voter suppression payments numbering over 400 to forestall voting of minorities, girls, seniors, and college students.
• Redistricting of varied congressional districts to make it tougher for African American voter illustration.
• Utilizing a bogus voter policing unit to arrest individuals who’ve been instructed they’ve a proper to vote and who could also be ex-offenders.
• Threats to election officers, secretaries of state, and volunteers to forestall them from counting the vote.
America should be higher than this. This could function an incentive to vote relatively than accepting any intimidation to forestall your vote. We knew from day one, this lawsuit was merely an train of an answer searching for an issue. The courtroom didn’t fall for this sort of flim-flam. Those that filed this judicial frivolity must be sanctioned. The taxpayers of Wayne County shouldn’t must pay for his or her political gamesmanship. When one thinks of this political debacle, phrases of the late Marvin Gaye begin dancing in our head, “it makes me wanna holler and throw up each of my arms.” Many people merely get a case of the Internal Metropolis Blues. On Tuesday, November 8, don’t throw up your arms. Use your arms once you Take Your Soles To The Polls And Vote like your life relies upon upon it as a result of fairly
frankly, it does.”