It’s October. That actually solely means two issues. Pumpkin every little thing you say? Nicely, yeah. Playoff baseball? A uncommon blessing certainly in San Diego, however certain.
No, we’re speaking Oktoberfest and Halloween. Looks as if each month celebrates beer in a roundabout way in San Diego, however that is the time of yr that the revels tackle a Germanic solid. Throw in some boos as well and we’ve acquired all we have to make our experience to Oct. 31 full.
What’s that acquired to do with this San Diego weekend? Lots, as a result of starting Saturday and persevering with all through the month you’ll have many issues beer-y and scary to select from.
First off, a reminder: San Diego Restaurant Week, the place dozens of native eateries provide particular prix fixe menus, concludes Sunday. However will any of the them prolong their offers? It’s occurred earlier than …
Second, Pacific Beachfest provides all the perfect in road gala’s, however with views of the beautiful Pacific too. Head to the boardwalk from Felspar Avenue to Thomas Avenue at 11 a.m. Saturday for leisure on three levels, a fish-taco contest, and for youths of all ages, an “Motion Alley” for the little ones and a beer backyard for the large ones.
Now on to this month’s highlights. Seize a stein for Oktoberfests, breaking out all through the county:
- El Cajon – The German-American Societies of San Diego begins its two weekends of festivities on Friday at their HQ, 1017 S. Mollison Ave. German band, the Guggenbach-Buam will carry out. Doorways open at 4 p.m. Friday and midday on Saturday and Sunday. Tickets begin at $5.
- La Mesa – The free fest, from Friday by means of Sunday, takes place within the Village. There will probably be be beer and dancing, certain, however dachshund races too. Doorways open at 4 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m. Saturday and midday Sunday.
- Public Market at Liberty Station – The Level Loma hub’s free tackle the enjoyable, Craftoberfest, concludes Sunday. Play video games for prizes from 2-4 p.m. Saturday, together with yodeling and costume contests and beer pong. Reside music and DJs too.
- Julian – The free fest, within the City Sq. and City Corridor at 10 a.m. Saturday, consists of performances, a silent public sale and beer backyard.
- Carlsbad – This Oktoberfest, billed because the Household Enjoyable Competition, opens at midday Saturday with dwell music, a dressing up contest, pumpkin patch and corn maze. Tickets, some which embrace drinks and meals, can be found on the venue, the Carlsbad Strawberry Firm.
Maintain the chills coming forward of Oct. 31 with these after-dark Halloween haunts (with extra to return subsequent weekend):
- Haunted Lodge Disturbance Mission Valley – Zombies and “Stars of the Silver Scream” will roam the “resort.” There’s ax throwing too (hopefully on the monsters). Admission begins at $28 for the attraction, close to the Mission Valley Goal.
- Haunted Path of Balboa Park – Stroll the mile-long route and also you simply would possibly run into “chainsaw-wielding zombie rodeo clowns.” There’s the “Ghoul Bus” too. Admission begins at $28.
- SeaWorld Howl-o-Scream – Returns for its second yr with scare zones and locations to shelter that may not be such a good suggestion in any case. Be careful for the “Sea of Souls” too. Admission, separate from park tickets, begins at $40.