The California Nurses Affiliation and the College of California have agreed on a brand new three-year contract that was ratified by a majority of the greater than 17,000 nurses who work in UC medical and pupil well being amenities, each side introduced Saturday.
The settlement takes impact instantly and can run by Oct. 31, 2025. The prior contract was set to run out this fall.
“We imagine this settlement acknowledges the dedication, professionalism, and high quality of our nursing employees, and the extraordinary challenges they’ve confronted for greater than two years because of the COVID-19 pandemic,” stated Letitia Silas, UC’s government director of systemwide labor relations. “We ship our heartfelt appreciation and due to all our nurses for his or her excellent service to UC and our communities.”
Silas added that the settlement “additionally reveals that profitable contract negotiations will be collaborative and mutually respectful, and we thank CNA for its partnership.”
Dahlia Tayag, an RN and bargaining crew member who works at UC San Diego, stated UC nurses are “proud to ratify our new contract with the college. This settlement acknowledges and rewards registered nurses for our service and dedication to our sufferers and communities throughout the UC system, particularly in the course of the COVID-19 pandemic.
“UC nurses have been getting ready for these negotiations and we have been dedicated to profitable the contract our members deserved,” Tayag continued. “The administration’s choice to prioritize investing in UC nurses resulted on this successor settlement, which is able to enhance the affected person care we offer.”
The deal consists of the next across-the-board wage will increase:
- 6% wage enhance efficient Jan. 1, 2023
- 5% wage enhance efficient Jan. 1, 2024
- 5% wage enhance efficient Jan. 1, 2025
In accordance with the union, the deal consists of extra will increase for UC San Diego and UC Irvine.
It additionally consists of one-time recognition funds of $3,000 for profession nurses, $2,000 per diem for nurses who labored 50%-time or extra, and $1,000 for individuals who labored lower than 50%-time over the past 12 months.
Different highlights embrace:
- Efficient Jan. 1, 2023, UC will enhance paid go away for household care and bonding from 70% to 100% for eight weeks.
- UC and CAN will type a brand new systemwide labor-management committee to debate range, fairness, and inclusion.
- UC and CNA will type a brand new systemwide labor-management committee to debate well being and questions of safety related to rising infectious illnesses like COVID-19.
- Nurses will take pleasure in continued entry to medical insurance, together with a alternative of medical plans and dental and imaginative and prescient insurance coverage, with UC masking most of the price of the month-to-month premiums.
- Nurses will proceed to be eligible for retirement advantages; newly employed nurses will select between UC’s pension plan and a 401(ok)-style possibility.
The settlement covers nurses who work at UC San Diego, UC Riverside, UCLA, UC Irvine, UC San Francisco, UC Davis, UC Merced, UC Berkeley, UC Santa Cruz, and UC Santa Barbara.
— Metropolis Information Service