UFC returns to San Diego for the primary time since 2015 with a bout that includes prime bantamweights – No. 5 Marlon Vera and former champion, No. 8 Dominick Cruz, an area fighter.
UFC Struggle Night time takes place Saturday at Pechanga Enviornment and can air on ESPN, with simulcasts in English and Spanish on ESPN+ and ESPN Deportes. The principle card begins at 4 p.m. following the preliminary fights at 1 p.m.
Tickets, beginning at $70, stay accessible.
Rising star Vera (19-7-1), from Ecuador, might be combating in his second consecutive UFC foremost occasion. Vera owns the report for many finishes in UFC bantamweight historical past, together with these in his victories over former champion Frankie Edgar, Sean O’Malley and Brad Pickett. By taking out Cruz, he may enter into the UFC title image for the primary time.
Former UFC and WEC bantamweight champion Cruz (24-3), who trains in Santee, Cruz has logged wins over fellow champions TJ Dillashaw and Demetrious Johnson. If he halts Vera’s momentum, he may break again into the High 5 rankings.
Different bouts – one includes a Tijuana fighter – on Saturday’s card embody:
- High-ranked UFC girls’s strawweights face off as No. 5 Alexa Grasso (14-3), of Guadalajara, meets No. 7 Viviane Araujo (11-3), of Brazil.
- A flyweight bout sees Malcolm Gordon (14-5), fro of Canada, tackle Allan Nascimento (19-6), additionally of Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- No. 7 ranked UFC girls’s bantamweight contender Aspen Ladd (9-3), from the Sacramento space, seems to be to defend her spot within the rankings in opposition to No. 8 Sara McMann (13-6) of South Carolina.
- Devin Clark (13-6), from South Dakota, tries to be the primary to defeat Azamat Murzakanov (11-0) from New Jersey by the use of Russia, in a light-weight heavyweight bout.
- Bruno Silva (22-7), one other Brazilian, faces veteran Gerald Meerschaert (34-15) of Milwaukee in a middleweight bout.
- Heavyweight motion sees Martin Buday (10-1) of Slovakia collide with Lukasz Brzeski (8-1-1, 1 NC) of Poland.
- Yazmin Jauregui (8-0), from Tijuana, makes her UFC debut in opposition to Istela Nunes (6-3, 1 NC), of Brazil.